Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Into the Garden


I am usually the first to point out my shortcomings and failures, but I have to take a moment to pat myself on the back.  This summer has started quite productively.  I have managed to continue running--with baby in a jogging stroller and three girls on bikes.  It would be easier if we had a path from our house, but no...our trek involves packing all the bikes and stroller into the van and then hoping there is still enough room for the kids.  I'm not sure which is the real workout....loading the car or running the 5K when we get there.

I have also done the bulk of the work in the garden this year, and much to my surprise, just about everything is still alive.  The containers have yet to shrivel, the veggies are starting to bear fruit and all sixteen chickies are kicking around in a fenced off area under an apple tree.  Of course, I've had help!  Lots of help from little hands and the men of the house with the heavy lifting.  But I just have to say, that it is the first time in a long time that I feel like I've got myself just a little bit together.  And it feels awfully good.











2 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

It all looks wonderful, and so sunny!! We're having a very wet June and I'm missing the sunshine!!

Barb said...

What lovely light-filled photos. You deserve a pat on the back. Love the bit of red in all the photos!