Saturday, June 4, 2016

23 | 52


I have grand ambitions to do more traditional portraits of each of the kids now that the school year is *almost* at an end, but getting serious isn't on the agenda right now.  Maybe next week.  We needed to let loose a little and have some fun, and now that the pool is open and the garden in the ground we (and I mean I) can relax a little.  Just a few more days til we can burn all the books and calendars.  (Kidding.  Sort of.  Camp fire not a bad idea though.)

The baby loves throwing things in the pool.  The older kids mostly love throwing themselves in the pool.  I'm sad to see my oldest daughter growing more and more conscious of (and concerned about) what she looks like, in both clothes and pictures.  I know it's bound to happen, but it isn't fun to watch (especially as she is really so lovely, inside and out...what is there to worry about?).  Is it possible to avoid this self consciousness?  Does she get it from me?  I'm trying not to make a big deal about it and reiterate all the body positive messages I know as casually and often as possible.  For both of us.  
(Well, all of us girls.)






 Project 52



1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh to have access to a pool! It looks perfect and I love the jumping photos, they're brilliant! I'll second a vote for the campfire too, what a lovely way to end the year!