Friday, May 20, 2016

Random Friday


The weather around here has been so confusing, but last night we had a taste of summer in the air.  It was a beautiful day.  It reminded me that we have done nothing in way of preparing for our garden or our pool, and I am sadly behind on my mental game in summer preparations for the kids.  I feel like it will get more difficult to keep kids entertained as they get older....

But, we will have 16 baby chicks to look after in the coming months.  I always say I won't bring them in the house, but then they are so small and I want to keep an eye on them....and the next thing you know....they've taken over....and I'm that crazy chicken lady.


I ran a 5K last week.  I came in first in my age group--cause I'm old--with a time of 26 minutes and 10 seconds.  I was pretty happy.  I've been running, but not 'training' and the night before I was told to 'carb load'--but instead I went out with a friend for scallops and beer.  
All's well that ends well, I guess.

My son runs cross country and track, and he also ran in last weekend's 5K.  He finished with enough time to get a banana and backtrack through the course to run with me to the finish, shouting encouragement...and eating his banana.

This same son ran in districts for his high school this week, his 4x800 relay team came in first and will go to states next week!  




Friday 5



7 comments:

Denise inVA said...

Great photos! Cute photos of the chicks with your little one in the background and a wonderful action shot of your son.

Christine said...

Glad to have visited from Nancy's Friday link up! I really enjoyed your photos and well, wee chicks will always make my heart melt!
Very well done to you for doing so well in the 5K and to your son too!
I look forward to coming back soon!
christineandhercamera.blogpsot.com

Snap said...

Hi there crazy chicken lady! :) :) The little chicks are so precious. I'd be bringing them into the house, too -- but what would I do with my cats???!!!!!! Good for you running a 5K and what fun for your runner son to encourage you. Good for you both. Have a great week!

Maggid said...

Oh golly, the first two chicks together seem so vulnerable - then, the one chick alone looks as if it has "ATTITUDE" - i know, i know - it's a super well taken photo - STILL, you've entertained me greatly. Thanks.

Barb said...

Good Luck to your son and good running to you! I love seeing the chicks. We used to raise them with elementary kids. The picture of the piggy toes and the chicks is a keeper!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, congrats to you and your son on finishing the 5K. The chicks are adorable. Cute photos of the chicks, great shot of your son. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Hula La said...

Great photos...and kudos to you for running the 5K. And what a great son to come back to finish with you! Cute chicks! Aloha!