Friday, May 13, 2016

Random Friday


I've wanted to document a lot this past week, but for one reason or another I haven't done it.  Sometimes, I guess, it is more important to just be in the moment.

The past few weeks were a little rough, as my husband was out of town on business.  Sure, it's exhausting to be the only parent around, but these trips get me in all the insecure places.  What if I'm turning into the old, boring ball and chain at home and he meets and falls in love with someone else on an exotic and exciting 'work trip'?  I don't know if it's a personal midlife crisis or what.  I hear that folks come into their own in their forties, so I'm hoping that turns out to be true.

On that note, I had a birthday this week.  So I am no longer forty, I am now in my forties.

We've been working with the dog, and finally, after years of feeling like I will never get anywhere with her, I can finally take her outside without a leash and she runs crazy circles (but comes back) and burns off all that extra energy.

I'm running a 5K tomorrow.  I've prepared by running for several weeks, and then gorging on cake and fried coconut shrimp the past few days.  I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out great.
Wish me luck.



Have a great weekend!






Friday 5






7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the shot of the little one and your dog. It is so cute! The dog does look full of energy. Happy Belated Birthday to you! Good luck on the 5K. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Evelyn S. said...

I've never run... and I'm not starting "in my 70's"! I do admire people like you who do it, though. Go for it!

Snap said...

A dog and little one (too cute) both full of energy. I'd have to take extra vitamins! Happy Birthday and good luck in the run. Have a great week.

MiSchra said...

Well I think that sound like a wonderful week! So full of life, and excitement. You've captured that excitement so beautifully in that pic of yours. Wishing you a wonderful Happy Birthday and many more to come!! Eating coconut shrimps and cake ;-) I'm getting up to the big 5 0 next year, so don't worry. Enjoy life at the fullest!!!!
Wishing you and your loved ones a lovely weekend
Michelle ♥

Kathy McB said...

Congrats on tackling the 5K!

The Lady Okie said...

Hope your 5k went well! I'm sure you aren't alone in those feelings about your husband but I don't think you have anything to worry about :)

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Good for you on the 5K! That's wonderful. I had to quit running a couple of years ago due to back issues and miss it sometimes.