Sunday, December 27, 2015

December Twenty Seventh


There is something special about having a big family.  Sure, you get a lot of noise, and a lot of mess.  It can be crazy and chaotic.  You forget things like pajama day or eye doctor appointments, and there is never, ever, an end to the laundry.  (Or food preparation.  Or cleaning.)  I wasn't someone who knew I would be surrounded by children one day.  No, I didn't see this life for myself.  But I cannot tell you how much my heart grows seeing my kids together.  Watching the older kids interact with their baby brother is all the affirmation I will ever need as a parent.  They may not grow up to want big families themselves, and I don't blame them, but I have no doubt their childhood will make them better people.  And I hope they will always be looking out for each other.






1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh isn't that the truth - and my family is two people smaller- but the noise the laundry and the joy is the same:)