Sunday, December 13, 2015

December twelth



The Day We Ran Out of Ginger

My husband is a gingerbread man.  (No, not literally.)  He isn't comfortable unless we have a supply of molasses, flour, sugar, baking powder, and especially ginger in the pantry at all times.  This need escalates around the holidays.  So last week when we were in the supermarket after church and children were hungry and starting to self destruct, I should have just grabbed an extra supply of spices.  Instead, I rolled my eyes in the baking aisle when my husband was methodically making his way through the store and suggested we just get the bare necessities today and get the kids home.  

I should have known.  I should have seen it.  But not quite a week later when my husband decided to do some baking (joy!), he was halfway through his recipe when he pulled out the ginger bottle...to find it sadly lacking (sorrow!).  Now, he may have broken the first rule of baking--get out all your ingredients before you start, but I broke the first rule of being married to my husband--always have a supply of ginger in the cabinet.





1 comment:

diane said...

What a great story!!!
Lesson learned...never just get the bare necessaties :-D .....
Hope someone ran out and got the ginger.
diane @ thoughts & shots