Thursday, December 10, 2015

December Nineth



Ah...the school Christmas concert.  This year marks a decade of my attendance, and this year my husband took the baby home early to bed and I sat watching alone.  Yes, I was watching children sing their adorable carols, some loud and animated & others reserved or defiant, but I also noticed the other parents, many struggling to control younger siblings in the rows, chasing the active toddlers and swaying with the newborn babies.  I saw myself in all of them, and I sympathized with the frustration and exhaustion.  My youngest is only a bit over a year, but I feel this phase passing already, and as I sat alone I knew that the calm of older children I've been craving for the past decade isn't always what it's cracked up to be.  


As if I needed more proof of the passing years, we had a birthday party for this now little lady as well.  And I thoroughly enjoyed an evening experiencing all the phases and ages of my children.




No comments: