Sunday, November 15, 2015

Quagmire



Lately I've been in the worst funk.  Now and again I think I'm over it and on solid ground, and then it all goes to pot again.  Maybe I'm in some sort of midlife quagmire.  At times I'm more content than I've ever been and then in a blink I'm completely insecure and needy.  At one moment I love where I am and who I am, and the next I feel stifled and like I need to shake things up.  It's making me a bit dizzy.

I also happen to be more than 2/3rds of the way through a 30 day cleanse.  Maybe it's messing with my hormones.  But despite being dragged into it kicking and screaming, I will say it is a pleasure to watch my  body change, have clothes fit and feel good, and to feel more enjoyment from the 'real' food I do get to eat.  I am excited to finish strong, and hopefully get back to a body I can feel good about.

Despite the feeling of shifting sand under my feet, I am trying to keep my focus on the little things, the simple pleasures and remember what is most important--it isn't a dress size, a perfect body or life without angst...it is knowing and appreciating all the beauty that is already in my life, and inside me.  






2 comments:

Kathy McB said...

Quagmire. Now that is a perfect word to describe my current state too. Maybe I should look into a 30 day cleanse. I need to do something to job mp start my life!

amanda | wildly simple said...

Quagmire just popped up in a book I was reading.
I'm feeling it, too.. so much so.
Gorgeous photos, Brandi. Good words of truth.