Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Teething Connection



Finally, after a lot of crying and misery, my son is back to his old happy, napping, sleeping through the night self.  He's also got a full set of upper teeth through, and a couple of molars poking out, too.  My pediatrician has always tried to minimize the 'side effects' of teething, but I'll tell you, this kid definitely gets diaper rash and teeth together, and I'm irritated that it took me so long to see that connection.  An article I read tried to claim it isn't teething that causes diaper rash, but excessive saliva!  Let's split hairs, why don't we?

Either way, I'm starting to feel like this is a happy kid with bouts of teething, as opposed to a difficult child with bouts of happiness, and that gives me lots of hope for the future!






7 comments:

Adrienne said...

.....but what causes the excess saliva??!! Seriously. Glad {for both of you} that his calm temprament has returned...love those smiles!!

Dea Lenihan said...

What a cutie.
Teething is confusing! I had no idea what was wrong with my guy--then I noticed...took me long enough.
Glad he's back.
xo

abrianna said...

sorry for the misery you both had to endure but glad things are better now. That last shot is my favorite-such a mischievous expression.

Tom said...

What a cutie!

amanda | wildly simple said...

He is SO sweet! You capture him as only a mom can. I love it. :)

Hilde said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! And the smile of your kid soooo adorable!

Linda said...

So cute! Best wishes to both of you.