Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Trying to Focus


Sometimes I can't help but want to convert every shot I take into black and white.  Other times, it takes a Wednesday rolling around to provoke me to try it.  I have to admit, I like that, I like having a day of the week in which I stop and focus on something particular.  I should do that more.  For example, it would certainly be an improvement if I took one day a week to focus on...say, cleaning the bathroom...or fridge.  Yes, I should stop right now and do that.  Or, maybe Thursday can be clean the fridge day...if we can bear to ignore that funky smell another day, that is.

Anyways.

I've noticed the light feels more of a lovely fallish lately, and the colors in my photographs are changing even though the weather here is slow to turn cold.  There has been a bit of chill in the morning and it's occurred to me that I should start putting shoes on this boy.  (Don't get me started on the socks.  Oh the washing and matching of socks...)  Can't have cold tootsies.  He isn't exactly thrilled to have the restriction of extra clothes or apparel.  He screamed in the car for a good 20 minutes because of a hood.

After naps we sometimes still have to take time outside on the front porch to distract him from the absence of nursing.  Perhaps I should have waited to wean him.  Maybe it's me, maybe the transition would have been difficult no matter how long I waited, but it definitely feels more intense than it was with previous children.  I just assumed we'd be ready because that's how I did it in the past.  But so much about this boy feels different from the others, it forces me to look at things in new ways...and hopefully helps me stop and focus.  At least a little more.


Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it.
W. Somerset Maugham



Linking with Adrienne

2 comments:

Ida said...

This little guy is just so precious and adorable. - Who would want to spend time cleaning the bathroom when you could spend it watching him. Loved all your photos both in BW & in Color.

Tom said...

Off go the shoes!