Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DC in B&W


It's funny how a day or trip or event can feel so exasperating at the time, and then afterward you can look back on it fondly.  Or, at least, with humor.  I'm glad we had the opportunity to go to Washington this past weekend, and glad that we got to do the things we did, but it was a very long weekend (in particular a very long trip around the National Mall).  Kids were collapsing at the Lincoln Memorial, fighting in front of the reflecting pool, and *moms were losing it.   A lot of 'slow down' to one child, and 'keep up' to another and 'keep your hands to yourselves' to a few more.

*I'm sure I wasn't the only mom losing it...right?

I don't even know what's going on here...


The trip was poorly planned and even more poorly executed (honestly, go to the monuments first, when you are fresh and the sun is low.  Who takes the museum first and drags their kids around to statues in the heat of the afternoon??  Oh, right, I do!)

At least we did better Sunday, with a trip to the Air and Space Museum out by the airport.  Open and airy and leisurely.


The hotel stay was tolerable.  Considering I took the baby in an RV last weekend...let's just say I've needed a few days to recuperate.  I put our pictures together into a small Artifact Uprising book (and ordered some prints to use as post cards to the grandparents) and I know we are going to love having them around to look at.  I'm hoping to keep that up for special events or trips and then work on a Project Life style album for the 'every day' type stuff.  I love photographs...but I've got to get a grip...


Cause I hope the adventures keep coming.


Linking in with Adrienne

7 comments:

Birgitta said...

Supergreat photos!!!

Tom said...

#1 is my favorite by far! Tom The Backroads Traveller

jeannettestgermain said...

We all make mistakes, and at least you haven't given up to take them places:):) Lovely pics - can't choose, because they're all so different!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Lovely and impressive pictures! We did exactly the same tour a couple of years back ...it was soooo hot!

Ida said...

Nice BW shots of DC. I really liked the 2nd shot.

bettyl-NZ said...

Photographing life's moments is a great way to save memories. One day, you'll get them organized :)

Adrienne said...

Great job getting those 'everyone in one shot' shots you've been hoping for! Lovely!