Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Midsummer...ish



I know the summer solstice is considered midsummer and the longest day of the year, but the middle of our summer vacation is today.  And since it is the time of vacation when you start to bicker and fight and have perhaps spent a little too much time together, any cause for celebration is welcome.  I gathered flowers from the garden and we made them into flower crowns with pipe cleaners and a bit of left over floral tape.  

It was a small miracle that I could find any supplies given the state of my 'craft room'--formally known as the dinning room.  I am happy to say that the desire to craft caused a cleaning campaign, and that resulted in a clean dining room!  Fit for dinner!  Or at least it was...before we trashed the place again with crafting.




1 comment:

Carie said...

What a lovely idea! I think the re-trashing of the dining craft room was definitely worthwhile!