Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Help




 I've got the best summer help.

 Now that I'm on the other side of  'mid' summer I realize how great I've got it right now.  Sure, there's a lot of bickering and nonsense between 3 sisters at home each day, but they are tremendously helpful.  Not just in doting on their baby brother, but the household chore motivation has been hugely improved as well.  They empty the dishwasher, deal with the chickens, sort the laundry, make beds.  Which really does beg the question--why aren't things tidier around here?  

I think I've been making good on the summer activities...festivals and swimming and ice cream runs...that scrubbing windows and cleaning closets has been in the back seat.  But since I need to make the most of what I've got, I'm going to try and work a few goals into the rest of my summer...before it slips away...and try and work on a little bit every day.

The first goal is to clean a little bit of clutter.  Just something.  Daily.
The second is a little exercise.  Even if it is a few laps in the pool or a quick online video.
The last is to organize some photos.  I want them off the computer, and I'm trying to work every day on a few books to print in the fall.

That's it.  Short and sweet.  Just like summer.



No comments: