Saturday, June 6, 2015

Picking Peonies


When I started this blog and was mulling over names, picking peonies was not my first choice.  First thoughts were along the lines chasing fireflies, because that is to me the vision of a magical childhood memory (and the sort of thing I was hoping to document.)  But most of my first ideas were taken, of course, and eventually I settled on the peonies because they are the best flower and picking them coincides with the end of school and beginning of summer.  And being on the cusp of all things summer is a pretty wonderful place to be.






2 comments:

Kathy McB said...

I'm not sure I've ever SEEN that color of peony before! Beautiful! And great choice for blog title :)

Adrienne said...

LOVE this shot - the color is wonderful...and the focus just perfect, with the wishful hands right there! Love it!