Thursday, May 28, 2015

Woe is Me


Could it actually be less than a week ago that I wrote of my happy, rolly-polly baby?  Did I really need to flaunt it?  To ask for a bite in the ass?  Because, yes, that is exactly what I got.  Well, a bite that is.  Just somewhere else.

Can you see his little tooth?  On the bottom there?  No, it isn't a glare or a bit of drool.  That is the raggedy jaggedy tip of his first tooth.  And it's a real witch.  Not only is my poor boy now miserable most of the time, but it feels like a razor blade when he nurses.  And yes, he's bitten me.  And laughed about it.  I know I've felt this before with other kids.  I know I've thought I would end up weaning him it hurts so bad, and I know it passes before you know it.  But darn, I'm sore.

And throw in another child with a fever, my own 'summer' cold--and instead of the end-of-school-year-happy-summer-planning-and-stock up, you've got a miserable mom who can't remember whether it's time for Motrin or Tylenol.  For my kindergartener, cause I just don't take meds while nursing unless I'm at my wits end.  And I might be.  Very soon.

Rant over.



2 comments:

Carie said...

Oh so much sympathy!! Poor wee boy but mostly poor you with the biting, that is so not fun, I hope it passes soon!!

Kathy McB said...

Oh no! This too shall pass BUT....make it quick, right?!?!!?