Monday, May 11, 2015

Duck


 If you had told me twenty years ago what my life would be like at forty, I'm not sure I would have believed you.  In fact, if you had told me at thirty eight, I would have laughed long and hard in disbelief.  I may not be at my prime physically (there's always 41...or 50, right?) but it definitely feels like I'm right where I ought to be.  Do I wish I were more organized?  Leaner?  Healthier?  Yes, I'm pretty sure there will always be something to work on.  But I am content.  Content to leave the mess so I can snuggle with the baby, or drop everything for a backyard game of duck duck goose.  The dishes will always be there.  So will workouts or diets.  But these moments will be gone before you know it.  And I can only imagine what fifty or sixty will bring.  Hopefully blessings I never dreamed possible.





2 comments:

The Lady Okie said...

Your family looks like such fun. I hope that's what mine looks like in 10 years :)

Meryl said...

Beautiful perspective! Looks like a beautiful life! And beautiful photographs too... and oh wow, that dandelion one from below. amazing!