Thursday, February 5, 2015

6/52


There is something very special about snuggling in bed.  It is of course an intimate space, but one that goes beyond that of a husband and wife to that of a family--especially when kids are small.  It is a time for sharing something more than schedules and deadlines and pick up times (this is usually reserved for the kitchen island).  I have wanted to photograph this time, especially with me in it and the baby so fully a part of our morning snuggles, but it is not an easy thing to do (for many reasons).  I finally grabbed my camera this morning, and when I sat down at the computer later to edit, I came across this article in my facebook feed.  I wholeheartedly agree.


Additionally, I'm really struggling with editing these days.  Anybody want to talk software?  I don't know where to turn, I don't think picmonkey can cut it anymore.



5 comments:

Adrienne said...

These are wonderful. I LOVE how the baby's eyes are following you!! I'm a picmonkey gal - and also feel limited. I also know that I don't have the time to really learn anything new right now so any investment would be wasted on me. Let me {us} know what you end up choosing!

Carie said...

Oh these are lovely photos and that article is spot on, it's the reason that I don't mind when so many of my family pictures turn out to be perfectly imperfect because they've captured real life. Though I'm not sure I'd go quite as far as the author - I take a lot of pictures of my family but if they were upset or just needed me I would always want to be there not hidden behind the camera, living life always trumps photographing it!!

Mascha said...

I have no words for this amazing scene..
Have a good time

amanda | wildly simple said...

These are lovely. My baby (now about to turn 8) still likes to snuggle in bed with me.. we have a deal that he gets to anytime dad is working out of town.
I use Lightroom and think you'd love it. I've had it about 5 years, so it's an older version, but too pricey to bother with updating so far.

Laura Blue said...

Beautiful pictures! I love snuggle in bed photos.