Saturday, January 17, 2015

3/52


Having another baby is a lot like getting older:  I can do almost everything I did before, just not quite as well and it takes me a lot longer...and a lot longer to recover.  Of course the double whammy here is that I am a lot older.  So you see how it is.

The great thing about having a baby now is that we have some really awesome, laid back mornings together while the other kids are in school.  We make googly eyes at each other and laugh and laugh.  But baby giggles don't get the laundry done, or the dishes, or the vacuuming.  

And the bad part about having a baby now is that we have some really stressful, rushed afternoons in which he rides in a car seat while we bustle about for various pick ups and drop offs.  This doesn't get any chores done, either.  And lugging around that car seat is killing all the joints in my right arm.



Linking in with Jodi






3 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Brandi, love everything about this pic. The afghan, the baby, and that brown furry looking thing in the lower right corner. (have stared at it for quite a while without a glimmer of recognition.)
:) m & jb (who is currently sleeping or I'd ask her to tell me what it is!)

Carie said...

Aww he's just so adorable - and I know what you mean about feeling like you're doing everything a little more slowly!!

Jessica Barlow said...

This pic is the best!! I love that afghan - so pretty! Little man is such a doll baby. :)

Love, light, and hugs!
Jessica