Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year!


So...here we are.  A new year.  A new start.  A time to look back in remembrance and look forward in anticipation.  This time last year I never would have guessed how 2014 was going to turn out, and I can't even imagine where I'll be a year from now.  I have my work cut out for me--the house is a mess, I'm completely unorganized and woefully overweight--so all the standard resolutions will be in place.  Don't worry, I'm not too hard on myself, I play the 'just had a baby' tune all the time.  And when I saw another parent at the kids' school who had really just had a baby and she looked absolutely fabulous, I played the 'just had my fifth baby' tune to myself.


But in the new year I have a new mantra--no excuses.
I don't plan to beat myself up about it, but I'm not going to sit around and excuse myself anymore either.  

Wishing you a a wonderful start to the new year!











3 comments:

amanda | wildly simple said...

Great attitude, Brandi! I resolve to do the same. Tough love, remembering not to be TOO tough and to love myself, too. :)
Happy New Year!

Carie said...

I'm still playing the I just had a baby card too - and my little boy's older than yours! But I'm pretty sure that "I just had my fifth baby" trumps pretty much anything! Yay for 2015 and the year of no excuses! I think I might need my motto for the year to be "stop procrastinating"!

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year!! One day, one little bit at a time...this weekend it's my kitchen cupboards and my address book. And cleaning up the Christmas stuff. I so selfishly hope there's room in those resolutions to keep sharing your lovely self, family and photos with us!!