Thursday, December 4, 2014

December 4th


Four days into December and we've got mistletoe hanging, a start into our candy canes, a lovely scent in the air from our lavender tree and a collection of little advent books gathering on the mantel.  My husband gave me this set when we first started dating, and I never would have imagined 20 years later reading it with our 5 children!

  Having 3 babies born in December, I haven't always been able to be on top of letters to Santa or decorations.  I am really enjoying those little things this year and trying to find something Christmas-y to do every day, even if it is just a candy cane or a cup of cocoa.  It feels nice.

Are you feeling the holiday spirit?







2 comments:

Carie said...

I like the little things of Christmas the best! We're still working up our festive fervour but once we get a tree this weekend it will definitely be Christmas all the way :) it must be a wonderful month of celebrating with three birthdays and Christmas!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Alas, no holiday spirit. :(