Sunday, December 7, 2014

12 weeks


We are on the verge of 3 months old, getting lots of smiles and the beginning of giggles.  We have large stretches of sleep at night and happy baby mornings.  It is my favorite time of day, snuggling in bed with the light coming up in the sky.  I love it when later in the day I catch his baby smell mixed with the lingering smell of daddy.

Unfortunately, we've had a little problem pop up from an improperly healing (or closed?) belly button.  We have to meet with a surgeon to see about fixing it up...apparently a 'simple surgery'...as if such a thing exists.  Of course, I know it could be much worse, and I try to tell myself this constantly...but worry, worry, worry...it never ends.




3 comments:

Nicki said...

For no particular reason, it seemed like at 3 months with both my children I hit the point of accepting that I would not 'break' them. Perhaps it was the full nights of sleep, or them and me getting into the comfort swing of a routine - who knows. But 3 months is a fantastic stage. And the smile, goodness!

Carie said...

Oh that smile is just adorable - and yay for baby giggles! Hopefully the simple surgery turns out to be really really simple and it all sorts itself out soon :)

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Onto the prayer list he goes!