Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ten Weeks


It is easy to marvel at the daily changes in my now 10 week old babe, but around him there have been major milestones in his siblings.  After weeks of 'reading' to her little brother, I finally realized my youngest daughter was picking out real words in books.  Last night she read 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' to a most engaged little guy at bedtime.  My oldest daughter is glued to the last of the Harry Potter books.  My middle child breezed through those and is fully engulfed in 'The Mysterious Benedict Society.'  

And I can barely handle what's been going on with my oldest.  Not only did he successfully ask a girl to go ice skating, but he wrote a high school entrance essay that brought tears to my eyes.  Mostly I'm saying 'no, no, no' to these things.  Girls???  High School???  But on the other hand, I am patting myself on the back.  He's smart and confident, even after spending the majority of his life thus far with me.  I haven't messed up entirely yet.  

Wishing you a long list of things to be thankful for this week.




1 comment:

Carie said...

They all sound like truly lovely kids; definitely lots to be thankful for this week - and yay for early introductions to the very hungry caterpillar!