Friday, November 14, 2014

A Cute Baby and Some Randomness





This kid is crazy cute, but he's not what this post is about.


I've spent some extra time in the dining room lately.  First we got new chairs.  I've been eyeing them up for a while, and we finally bit the bullet and ordered them off Amazon.  They are pretty cool, as comfy as this kind of chair can be, child friendly & we can seat eight with ease--on matching chairs.  It feels very grown up.  But sometimes when I get something new for the house, it makes the rest of the room look sad, as if the hutch now feels neglected and needs a little extra bling.  Ever have that happen?  So I got a few sparkly things at Home Goods and Pier 1 for the room and I feel ready to entertain for the holidays.  It's just us, but still, it is happier in there.


With the new chairs I added a leaf to the table, giving us lots more table space and room for me to work on the albums I've started.  First I began what will become a 2014 book.  I started with recent goings ons, the baby, halloween, etc. and have worked back into some of the summer so far.  I'm pretty happy with it, even though I can see this takes a little finagling.  It's more like a photo album with a little extra as opposed to what I think of as scrap booking, but I love having something to flip through with my hands, and I'm already inspired to try some new things in a December project.  


All 3 of my daughters have birthdays in December and with all the holiday goodness...I'm going to try something called a December Daily--documenting a bit of everyday in December.  I can 't think of a better way to try and bottle up this time in my life.  I know it will have so much sweetness, and yet be such a blur...and I want so very much to tack a little bit of it down.  Every day.  I hope I can manage.  At least I've gotten started!  I feel the holiday spirit working its way in.  I hope you do too!




3 comments:

Carie said...

Oh that smile, it just melts your heart! And I think your scrapbook is looking great, you have gorgeous pictures as always, and with all those December birthdays you'll definitely have lots of pages to do come January, I think it's going to be a lovely record of the year!

Adrienne said...

Yes - love that boy's smile! And a friend brought one of these albums to our workshop on Wednesday. She's putting an album together for her son for Christmas of a trip he took. The slide ins are great, and we all ooohed and aaahed at the possibilities. The Company I rep is beginning to sell these slidein pockets for their albums - as soon as they're available I'll give it a try! December's project sounds great!

The Lady Okie said...

I love your pages! That is just the thing I'm wanting to do with the clear pages, etc.