Saturday, October 4, 2014

Three Weeks


Ahh...three weeks.  I remember this as being the magical time when the adrenal rush fades, the cards and congrats start to peter out, and some serious sleep deprivation sets in.  Yep, yep, and yep.  (Although we've had a whole lot of kindness come our way.  Our freezer still has meals in it and we've had a lot of attention from friends and family.)  But I am running on low.  The hubby is back to work and the little guy just wants to eat all the time.  I know, I know, it's what they do...it just leaves so little time for anything else. 

Like sleep.

But look at my little helpers!  Singing and swaying.  So adorable.  (In reality, I was hovering over with 'careful' and 'be gentle' and the like.  Hopefully I'll settle down and actually let them help a lot more in the future.)  



My little man is more awake more often, making lots of coos and gurgles (and still some gags and whatnot from a bit of reflux, hoping that works itself out soon).  He's in the throws of baby acne, and mostly I'd rather get creative than get with an airbrush, but I did try my hand at it some in these last three photos.  I'd rather not, partly because it bothers me and partly because I don't know how to do it well!  Perhaps someday I'll get photoshop and learn some sort of proper editing.  For now, I'm content to get through the day without being peed or pooped on.



8 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Brandi,
I love your girls dancing with the baby.
I love his dark hair and the expression on his face in the color photo. You are obviously doing things to his liking from his sweet smile. I love the way he is looking right at mama and the camera!
I am sorry about your exhaustion. :( :( :(
I do hope you are able to grab a nap tomorrow!
Blessings, m & jb

Carie said...

Aww he is absolutely gorgeously beautiful, and I love the picture of his big sister rocking him, she clearly just adores him. It's so hard to just be able to sit and nurse when you can see all the other things that need doing piling up around you but I do hope you get the chance for a nap too, it's incredible how much better a little snooze can make you feel isn't it! But it sounds like you and your family are being wrapped up in love and care which is wonderful :)

Nicki said...

I think it took me until 3 months to finally take a deep breath and realize I wasn't going to break the baby the first time round. Three weeks sounds about right for the web of adrenaline. He is so gorgeous and you should really enjoy moments when your little helpers step in.

Maria (one tiny leap) said...

All these photos are so precious...

Even though I(faintly) remember the exhaustion and lack of sleep, you've made me seriously broody with these magical pics of your gorgeous baby and your daughter rocking him. Perfect! x

amanda | wildly simple said...

Oh, he's beautiful!
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear you say airbrushing bothers you.
Newborn photography seems to have really been taken over by an airbrush.. Babies are beautiful in their natural form. So are children, and people.
As always, I love the love I see here when I visit, Brandi!
Wishing you a surprise stretch of sleep. :)

mumma-love.com said...

All such beautiful photos! You have so many gorgeous helpers. Impressive that you're able to pick up the camera with a 3 week old - go super mum :) xx

Mrs W said...

Oh bless your little helpers :) He is such a gorgeous little cherub!

Mascha said...

Speaking photos and so cute little boy!