Saturday, October 25, 2014

Six Weeks



If I've found there to be a down tick in adrenaline after 3 weeks with a newborn, there is definitely an uptick in something come 6 weeks.  It's certainly not sleep, parts of the day I am completely sleep deprived delirious.  Perhaps there is some sort of routine coming along...but one that is only slightly shy of chaos.  Mostly, I think it is the babe, his growing interaction & coos, the starts of smiles, the way his eyes are now engaging and seeking out ours...this stuff is a momma drug that keeps me coming back for more.  


He is becoming a wiley guy, starting to flail his arms about and swat and occasionally grab (his sisters and I being the victims of his first hair pulling).  He seemed particularly happy with his first go in the floor gym, the purchase of which was the result of an afternoon in Target.  I got all giddy being out and about like a normal person and spent way too much money.  The floor gym was 'necessary' to some extent (and entertaining all ages),


as was the elephant humidifier,


and..um..the fox pillow.  The 'necessity' of it may be debatable, but it is so darn cute.  I find this sort of thing to be part of my 'acts of desperation'--I feel like I may never successfully get back to the store again, so I pile up as many 'necessities' as I can think of...just in case.  Something to explain to my hubby when the bill comes.

Other 'acts of desperation' involve eating--or more like shoveling in as much food as I can when the opportunity arises, just in case I don't get my hands free for a while.  That would be why one of my other purchases at Target were some tank tops in the 'shape wear' section.  I may be lacking in control, but at least I can try to buy some.


linking up with Jodi




3 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photography of a beautiful and precious baby!

Happy Weekend ~
artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Carie said...

Oh that's so true - and made me giggle no end, especially the buying things like you may never make it to the shop again and the speed eating! I find I cut up my food into little pieces as soon as I sit down, just because I'm certain I'm going to be holding Pip and/or nursing before I'm finished! He's a gorgeous little boy and yay for smiles; they make everything else cease to matter for a while!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I found out there ia a GRANDmomma drug, too!