Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting


So...I'm still here.  Puttering about large and uncomfortable.  I wouldn't have expected the baby before this week, but the past two weeks of off and on contractions, usually taking place about 4am, have left me in a perpetually unsettled state.  Trying to negotiate the logistics of getting the kids on the bus or practice pick ups or orthodontic/eye doctor appointments...wishing we could just all camp out at home and mellow out until the baby comes.  Of course, it is nice to have the place to myself while the kids are in school, keeping up on laundry and dishes and occasionally clearing some clutter or cleaning under a bed.  I need a last (I hope) restocking of food and toilet paper, and then I'm sure I'll be ready to get this show on the road.

Otherwise, enjoying a little taste of fall as the temperatures have dropped and there are changes to be seen in the garden.  As long as it doesn't get too cold...the maternity clothes I have are barely doing the job!

I'm finding it hard to believe it could be any day now that my life will change (again)
...yet trying to relax and enjoy things just as they are.


8 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have no idea if you intended this or not, but that first photo brought tears to my eyes....the four that you have, waiting to welcome the newest 'bloom' - just lovely! You're in my thoughts!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

A wonderful post and the first shot is so lovely ..I agree with Adrienne. All the best for you and the new arrival!

HansHB said...

Lovely B&W photo!
My post: http://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Maureen said...

Hi Brandi,
We are all so happy for you and waiting eagerly for this little one to appear. Blessing, dear nesting mama. Many blessings.
xo, m & jb

Felicia said...

keep encourage. lovely images.

Pat said...

Lovely images.

bettyl-NZ said...

I like your editing. The black and white makes the petals stand out.

Carie said...

It's that feeling like you're perpetually teetering on the edge of something big that I found so difficult. Hopefully it's not long now and the baby arrives safe and sound.