Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Swell


 At least someone is enjoying the hot and steamy start to September.  Not me, of course.  My feet are swelling up like sausages every night if I don't park it on the couch and put my feet up, thanks to the return of heat and humidity here at the end.  Not that I mind 'parking it,' but I've already gone through the reading material I bought to take to the hospital.  Yes, I know that having a baby is just like a vacation, lounging and flipping through magazines!  

Actually, being at the hospital when your husband has to go care for the other kids and all your family is hours away...it can be a little lonely.  I was in the hospital once on Christmas day, and the folks in the next room had the entire family come over after dinner.  I could hear all the joyous family interactions...I was watching E.T. alone with the baby.  When I had my fourth, I had the hardest time even getting a hold of a nurse...I guess once you've had a couple kids, they figure you've got it under control!

I will cherish the time I'll have just with the babe, but the hospital is a double edged sword...nurses to help and none of the home distractions of food prep or laundry, but there is only so much I can do to relax and enjoy it.  I always say that I will, and then I always just want to go home.  Maybe this time will be different...but to be honest, if it goes as it has before, I will feel so grateful.  So many things can go wrong, and I have been lucky to have had the experiences I've had--and this time I know I will have so many little helpers.  It just makes my heart swell.  Like my feet.  ;)



6 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Brandi,
I can't even imagine being 9 months pregnant in this heat and humidity. I remember out daughter giving birth via c-section to her second. We said our goodnights and when I took one last peek in on her, and there she was in her hospital bed crying her eyes out because she felt all alone. At least you are sure not to give birth on Christmas this time!
Blessings, m & jb

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

All the best for you and the baby and your feet! A wonderful selection of very happy children! Good luck!

HansHB said...

Beautiful serie and a great contribution to the theme!
Well done!
My post at: http://hanshb.wordpress.com/

carol l mckenna said...

Cooled me off ~ Great and fun shots for BW Wednesday !

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Adrienne said...

Oh, I just chuckled as soon as I read the title! Not at you, of course...but with you and for you! Hang in there, this heat's gotta break. And I so understand that feeling of looking forward to rest, peace and quiet...and then getting antsy and restless! Sigh. Sending all good thoughts and vibes your way!

Carie said...

Not long to go now :). I know what you mean about the hospital too, we were asked whether I wanted to stay in or go home the same day when Pip arrived and even though there are perks to having someone bring the food and the painkillers I just wanted to go home as crazy busy as it is!