Sunday, September 21, 2014

Siblings


When I found out I was pregnant back in January, most of my first emotions were shock, fear, even a little embarrassment.  How had I let this happen?  The youngest would be starting school, and here I was starting all over.  I had never imagined myself with four, let alone five, children.  We waited awhile to share the news, partly because we were still processing it ourselves, and partly because we wanted to make sure all was well before springing it on the kids.

Telling them opened the flood gates for all things good.  Although my teenage son seemed rather unaffected, there was only a gushing overflow of excitement from the girls--never the kinds of doubts that reside in the adult mind about money or space or just how to do it all again.  I am so thankful that I've had them with me on this journey, to remind me of the joy and to let the rest of it go.  Watching them become big brother and sisters (some again) has made my heart grow three sizes.
I am so grateful.


And my teenage son?  Asks to hold the baby more than anyone.




15 comments:

En liten pause said...

What a lovely family you are blessed with! Great pics!

Mascha said...

What an amazing series!
Good luck and blessings for you all

Carie said...

I think that wee man might just be joint equal with my Pip for the title of most adored little brother ever! Watching the big siblings be siblings has definitely been one of the highlights of motherhood for me too :)

Adrienne said...

...all that children bring and teach us. These are beautiul shots! And I'm so tickled that your teenage boy has such a soft spot for his baby brother!

The Lady Okie said...

Oh my goodness! So cute. You have a lovely family :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful, blessed family. They are gorgeous!

Bridie from One Crafty Morning said...

Absolutely precious.

Nicki said...

He is gorgeous.

melody said...

beautiful pictures! I think we must have a similar age range. I also have five children, infant through teenager.

Congratulations!

Angela said...

Oh my word, you just gave me baby fever. So much cuteness! What special moments.

amanda | wildly simple said...

I love it. Such a beautiful baby, and beautiful sibling moments!
I remember when you shared about your expected addition, and your many reactions... And that your words couldn't have described my own feelings when we found out we were expecting our 5th any better than if I'd written them myself.
And yet he is our cherry on top - he is the sweetness, the brightness that we all love so much and makes our family complete.
Yes, the growing of the heart and the multiplying of love.. it's pretty amazing. ♥

Emma T said...

Beautiful photos. So lovely to have sibling shots and see how close they are at this time.

Cerys {mascara and mud} said...

oh my word, beautiful! every single one of them!

Bonnie Sanders said...

Beautiful photos capturing their bonds as brothers and sisters....so precious and touching!

hayley at shutterflies said...

Wonderful pictures. What gorgeous children and what a special time for your family. Congratulations on the new arrival and thanks for sharing with Living Arrows x