Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Birth


Whoa.  There's nothing quite as life changing as giving birth.  The things it does to your body, the empowering act of actually bringing a new life into the world...the way everything just seems to change.  Even if you've done it before...perhaps it's even more powerful having done it before...and realizing just how incredible it is to do it all again.  

I wish I could say that it was easier...but not so.  This time, labor was intense and long and while we got there in the end, it was hard not to feel a bit like I was failing somehow.  Seems silly now, but the others were such a blur, so fast and furious that I didn't much think about the details.  This time, I was stuck at 9 cms for hours...and the pushing, oh I just couldn't manage and it took forever.  I know, here he is and whatever happened it was worth it.  Whether I scared half the hospital with my primal yelling or not.  These things happen in the name of birthing a baby.

My husband was an absolute rock, and if anything came from the experience it was a renewed love and appreciation for him.  I couldn't have done it without him.  Our baby boy weighted in at over 8 & 1/2 pounds and was 21 inches long and is a little darling.  It has been such a joy to experience him joining our family, and he is a lucky little guy to have all this love around him.  
More to come with the siblings!







14 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm allowed tears, right? The photos are so special, and I feel so grateful that, via this "inter-web" thingy, I get to share in this miracle with you. Continued wishes for health and happiness to all of you!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Dear Brandi,
Yay! He's here! He's here! What a little pumpkin -especially in his little autumn hat. I pray for your complete and rapid recovery from his birth -even if your labor was longer and harder. But, oh! The miracle of the life that you and your husband created!
:) m

HansHB said...

Awesome work, great details! Well done!
My b&w post: http://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Melissa Hopper said...

Congratulations. Beautiful boy. I was all natural with my first 2. I got an epidural with my last. It was awesome!

amanda | wildly simple said...

This makes me so happy!
He's beautiful - nice work!
Much love!!

peabea said...

Oh my, what wonderful photos you shared. Nothing cuter than those little tootsies peeking from a blanket or the little fingers. Adorable and Congratulations. :)

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Oh ! I am so happy that the waiting has come to an end and you have such a precious little son. All the best for tou and your growing family!

Nicki said...

Congratulations! I only had two but each pregnancy and delivery was nothing like the other - except they both waited until the very last moment to pop. Whew indeed. Always so worth it.

He is beautiful.

abrianna said...

Congratulations on your newest blessing! Wonderful black and whites!

Mascha said...

Congratulations!
Good luck and blessings

The Lady Okie said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Pat said...

Congratulations on your new and adorable baby boy! Wonderful series of photos.

mirari said...

congratulation!!! what a beautiful baby...

Carie said...

Many many many congratulations! He is absolutely adorable - and yay for baby boys :)