Sunday, September 28, 2014

2 Weeks

"Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ” 


If there was ever a week to switch from the summertime project I was working on of '4 kids in a frame' to a project that focuses on the baby, it was this week.  Last weekend as I was jazzing up to jump back into the new routine of life, my oldest daughter became ill--quite ill--and it lasted all week.  Caring for a newborn, an ill child (a second one came home from school on Wednesday), and trying to contain it made for a very long week, but what is the worst is the worry.  Oh my the worry.  First for keeping it from the baby, and then as the week continued and my daughter didn't get better...well, let's just say all are well now.  But dealing with the worry is far worse than dirty diapers or laundry or cups of broth or ginger ale.  The worry is the worst.


Thankfully, my husband has been around more than ever before and I am so grateful.  I've had a fair amount of time to heal (although the babe's 2 week check up revealed that he is in fact huge (90th %s all around--including head size) which explains why I still have trouble simply walking!)  But things are getting back to form, even the 'plump' baby belly is deflating...which is a little sad.  Soon, it will be just a fatty bit of 'I've had 5 kids' stretch marked skin that will never see the light of day again.


Anywho, our little babe is becoming more alert and generally proving to be a pretty happy little guy.  And now that all are on the mend, I can join him.








4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yes, the worry is the worst. No doubt about that. It exhausts me! So glad everyone's on the mend...hope you have a great week!

Bonnie Sanders said...

I love the beginning quote and photo. Very true.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Brandi,
I missed the post you did last w/e on Siblings as I was away at a wedding. Just read it now. Oh my gosh. The pictures alone just leave me stunned -they are all so beautiful together.

As as for the current post, I am certainly glad to hear everyone is well again. I do hope your walk improves soon! Whew.

Smiling at you from Maryland, Maureen and jb the cat, of course ;)

Carie said...

The worry is the bit they never really tell you about in antenatal class, the bit where you have to be brave and trust yourself and your instincts and try not to let it get the better of you, and definitely one of the hardest parts of parenting! Your wee boy (or not so wee as the case may be) is absolutely gorgeous, and yes I'm with you on the consequences of 90 something centile baby boys!!