Monday, August 18, 2014

Yes


I was supposed to spend the weekend resting, but instead I spent two days trying to fashion a worn, curling cowhide rug into a chair cover--channeling those leather working skills I honed back in...um...middle school.  Wouldn't my Industrial Arts teacher be proud?  Probably not.  It's functional--in that it is currently staying on the chair--but what sad workmanship.  We'll see if it lasts.  Lord knows how that bee got into my bonnet.

After wrapping up that project I wanted very much to find ways to say 'yes' this week.  The past bits of cleaning and errands have led to a lot of 'not right now' or 'in a minute' or 'maybe tomorrow'--phrases that will come again in waves with a baby to care for.  I want to be able to entertain some of the kids' notions as much as I can before school starts.  When they asked for a tea party (well, asked and asked and asked) eventually I gave in.  Fancy dresses and all.  I can't do everything, but today...I could do a tea party.








3 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I am smiling with delight over that tea party. Being a tom boy, I never had one as a kid. In fancy dresses no less. Cool!

Carie said...

Oh that looks like so much fun - they look gorgeous all dressed up too!

amanda | wildly simple said...

I think you did a great job!
And the tea party - so pretty.
We've been having some mindful "yes" days here too, as our summer winds down. Loving the time with my kids, being kids.