Saturday, August 23, 2014

yes, yes, yes!



I finished out my week of finding a 'yes' with a movie marathon (and dancing to the credits' music), donuts and swimming.  Don't get me wrong, I think learning to understand and accept the word 'no' is one of the most important lessons I'm teaching my children.  (With that goes the idea that they aren't always the center of the universe, other people have needs too, and things won't always go their way.)  But with all that's going on around here, a little 'yes' time to wrap up the summer has been quite nice for all of us.


Now you wouldn't think saying yes to swimming would be much of a sacrifice in the muggy end of summer, but putting on a swimsuit is the very last thing I feel like doing these days.  In fact, I am so large that clothes in general are a bit of a struggle.  You know it is bad when the maternity shirts don't quite do the job anymore!  Just a few more days and the school year will start and we'll soon be welcoming a new baby.  Hopefully, I'll get a few days of freedom once the kids start school to say 'yes' to some things I'd like to do.  :)




Linking in with




8 comments:

Carie said...

Those sound like wonderful yeses - and I'm with you on the swimsuits being a bit of a challenge right now! you're much more game than me anyway - my yes was just to making cupcakes!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Golly, you have nice looking's kids.

Rachel said...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE that photo of them all jumping into the pool! It sounds like its been an awesome week at your place.

Jessica G. said...

That picture of your kids jumping in the pool is so fun! I'm visiting from the link up at Practising Simplicity.

TheTwoBoyMummy said...

Great idea to consider more 'yeses' in relation to parenting. It's about choosing what's important I think. My favourite picture is the one of your daughter laughing in the pool. So carefree.

Sarah S said...

Fantastic photos again this week - it looks like everyone is having a lot of fun (and I hope you managed to get some rest amongst it all!)

Lila Smyth said...

That last pool shot is amazing. They look like they are loving life!

Ida said...

Great shots. I've got to say the last one (Pool Shot) is awesome. Loved it!