Sunday, August 3, 2014

Truckin' Along


 There has been a lot of family togetherness around here this week, so many opportunities locally to get out and enjoy.  We're in a groove of outdoor concerts (rain or shine), ice cream socials (for dogs!), and have enough local, small town activity to occupy us until the whirlwind of back to school begins.  The bickering has been minimal, and I imagine I will be quite lonely when I send them all off to school in a few short weeks.  

(Cue angry voices, sounds of a scuffle, and crying in the background ;)





6 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Yup, sounds like a school morning to me...oh, no...wait. That's the sound of me going to work. (Before I retired, sort of.)

Carie said...

It does sound like you're all having a great summer - I still struggle to get my head around the school year starting again for you so soon - around here we're still at the beginning of school holidays!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

ha ice cream social for the dogs! I like it!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful captures of simple moments! I don't want to send mine off to school either. Summer seems too short these days.

Nicki said...

Can you believe our local schools start back in a couple of days - DAYS?!? Especially when there is still so much summer left to be had. Enjoy the local events - they may not seem like much, but in the big picture, they make for fabulous memories.

Hayley @hayleyfromhome said...

Looks like a great summer, I love the photo of them in the back of the truck they all look so relaxed!