Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Approaching


Less than two weeks until the kids are in school, and I am considered 'full term.'  Thirty seven weeks is the magic number, when you start to think, 'any day now...' but of course most of the time ladies are impatiently waiting (and waddling) as their due date comes (and sometimes goes.)  I've been really lucky in the past, I've given birth at 37 and 39 weeks, and I've had pretty short labors.  But that was almost 6 years ago...and now being 'older' and all, I can't help but be a little fearful that things won't be quite so easy.  

I am looking forward more and more to at least a couple of days/weeks home without the kids in which I can get a pedicure or a haircut or who knows what without an entourage of kids along.  But eventually the discomfort of being pregnant takes over, pushing aside any fear of labor or desire to 'get ready.'  Luckily, while I'm large and bumbling (and starting to knock things over with my belly) I'm not completely miserable.  Yet.






9 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on the upcoming birth! You will enjoy your quiet time before this one comes!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully creative BW for BWW ~ sending you lots of hugs for a healthy delivery and relaxation for you soon ~ xoxox

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Kathy McB said...

You're in the home stretch and the end is in sight. Exciting times!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Love the wonderful belly dressed in stripes! All will be fine and enjoy the quiet time and read and sleep and eat ice-cream and be happy!

Felicia said...

and the baby will be going to school before you know it. congrats.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

The baby will be in college before you know it!

Adrienne said...

First of all - love the black and white shot! The stripes are just great - and the tenderness of a mama's hand on her belly...well, that's just so life affirming. I'm also glad to hear that you're not completely miserable - I know you were fearing the worst from the summer. I'm sure there have been some tough moments, but it seems you've weathered them well and a little less activity in the home stretch is well deserved!!

Carie said...

Well I hope you do get some quiet time in before the baby decides to arrive - I'll admit that sat here at 39 weeks and some I'm a little envious of labour at 37 weeks - I've never been earlier than 41+4!!

The Lady Okie said...

This is an amazing photo. So beautiful. Almost here!