Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh my, July



 July certainly started off with a bang--of heat and humidity.  I have been pretty miserable.  Grateful for a pool right out back, it certainly takes the edge off...even if it gets harder and harder to shimmy into a maternity swimsuit.  Both fortunately and unfortunately, the garden is becoming fruitful.  We got a 'tomato tunnel' prepared yesterday (and by 'we' I don't mean me at all) to stake up the plants.  Hopefully, it works!  We are watching a bounty of apples grow on the tree, as well as zucchini, peppers, and the bluing of blueberries.  


But, of course, the garden requires maintenance, which means actually moving around in the heat...and for that, I am glad we have 4 kids to share the load.  They don't always do the best job, but between the four of them, they can make a dent in weeds and do some basic watering.


 Our little chickies have been successfully entering and sleeping in the coop with the big girls.  So, it seems all goes well here at the farm--just got to keep beating the heat.



7 comments:

Mascha said...

"Summertime, and the living is easy..."
Your photos are so lovely!

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable and creative shots of the little beautiful girl ~ for BWW ~ thanks, ^_^


artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Pat said...

Beautiful series.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Brandi, how do you make your color photos look so wonderfully old fashioned?

I'm guess you don't have a/c in the house?
I truly feel for your suffering through a very hot and humid summer while being pregnant. I have MS, and I can suffer pretty badly from the heat so a/c for me is a must.

I hope you and your beautiful family have a wonderful Independence Day.

xxoo, m & jb

wendieland said...

beautiful photos, specially the last one!

CountryMouse said...

That last photo certainly looks like a good place to be by the sound of it there. I hope the tomato tunnel works.

Adrienne said...

Such a gift you are giving these beautiful kiddos! Living from their land...and playing on their land... such great roots and memories they are building! These photos are all gorgeous...I'm partial to the one of your daughter's face through the tree branches!