Sunday, July 20, 2014

Making Room For Baby



I was awfully glad for the 'polar vortex' weather in my part of the world this week, it allowed me to rejuvenate and get into some organization that normal July weather would have thwarted.  I spent some time cleaning bedrooms (especially my son's while he was at camp)--but mostly I started making room for the baby.  He will not have a traditional nursery, we will have him in our bedroom as long as possible--as I have not yet figured out how to orchestrate the child to bedroom situation.  I hope in time the arrangements will become clear.  The easiest would be the boys together...but a toddler in with a teenager?  I don't know how that would work! 


 For now, I invested in a 'porta crib'--smaller and more versatile than a standard crib and with more longevity than a bassinet (mattress height is adjustable)--and I hope it can hold up until he can use a bed.  All of our kids have been climbers, and no one has made it near 3 years in the confines of a crib.  We'll just have to take it as it comes, but thus far, the week of prep has gotten everyone a little more excited.









4 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

A wee bit o' nesting, huh? :)

Jenn said...

Baby preparations are the best kind of preparations :) Visiting from Simple Things Sunday.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

That cloud mobile is a beauty. Preparing for baby is so fun, and a little stressful.

Carie said...

Oh wow that's both very organised and exciting - and I love the cloud mobile. I've found the moses basket but not set it up yet - that can wait until there's a baby to put in it, and like you we're waiting until the baby outgrows our room to move the girls around to make a bit of space - I figure it will all work out in time!