Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gratitude


 I woke up this morning tired and grouchy and I just wanted to stay in bed.  Despite my attitude, it really is the best kind of day to sit down and count my blessings--which are many.  So, here's a little recap of all the simple pleasures from the week.

The garden has been flourishing, and we've had lots of goodies for baking, cooking and sharing.  A broccoli casserole is baking right now, and zucchini bread will follow.


We went to an amusement/water park yesterday with a friend--which explains my exhaustion, those kind of places have a way of draining all the energy right out of me!  And, we ended up with a dead battery--but at least I had a friend with me to laugh at our misfortune and to keep track of the kids in all the chaos.  Had my friend not asked me to go, I just would have stayed home and shred zucchini.  Plus, the kids had a blast.



We went to an outdoor concert, met up with some old and new friends...and danced.


 We checked out the newly completed children's garden at our local arboretum (again) and even my son had to smile...despite grumping and grumbling about going.


 And our little beagle mix rescue has made some leaps and bounds this week.  We've been able to take her outside without a leash with success, and she killed a ground hog.  My apologies to the animal lovers, but the garden lovers will understand perhaps.  It got her in good with my husband, and she is earning her spot on the couch.






9 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Brandi,
Blessings, indeed!
Would you believe I never had been to a water park when we went two years ago. I even went down the BIG slide with my son-in-law. (I was 57 at the time.)
Speaking of concerts, do you know the band, PHISH? They're playing in town last night and tonight. I never followed them, but their music sounds pretty good. All I have to do is sit outside my house on the hill. The sound comes, like, 1.5 miles across the town right into my ears.
I understand about the groundhog. He must be a brave little dog as groundhogs can be fierce!
Hope you enjoy your casserole and stay cool as you can.
:) m & jb (who said it was too hot to stay outside this afternoon.)

amanda | wildly simple said...

Wonderful blessings. I understand about the ground hog. :) I like furry critters, but that's a good dog, doing her job!

Anna-Marie mummyheartsyou said...

Wow! You have some amazing pictures there! Gorgeous #livingarrows

Carie said...

I love the watermark pictures - but perhaps I'm just wishing I could be there; it looks amazing!!

You Baby Me Mummy said...

Such beautiful pictures, simply stunning x

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor said...

WOW your photos of your family are truly amazing. What great moments captured here! So lovely. I love the lighting and all the water splashing. They make for great action shots too! #livingarrows

Catherine said...

What a lovely relatable post :) Your girls are just darling... love the black and white shots!

Super Busy Mum said...

What a bunch of truly gorgeous photos. Really capturing those memories and emotions right in the frame. Perfection. x

Bonnie said...

Beautiful captures!