Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ending of an Era


Today was the last graduation ceremony at our beloved preschool.  I started the year assuming it was our last, not expecting to be expecting again, but a few weeks ago we learned that the school would be closing.  Unfortunately, while we loved the small class size, it had become so small that it wasn't keeping itself afloat.  We spent the past week working on a project with some classmates for the teachers who are now like family to us, after guiding preschoolers from our family off and (mostly) on for the past ten years.  I'll be taking these plates in for the final finishing at the local paint your own pottery store, and hopefully the teachers will feel just a little how much they have meant to so many.




4 comments:

rebecca said...

Those plates are adorable! Great captures Brandi. :)

Adrienne said...

So many little things as life spins around us that mark the passing of time...it's crazy! Love those plates - I'm sure your teachers will feel the love!

pixiedusk said...

Awww closing? My son's pre school is so precious to me as they help me potty train him. He learned so much from there and my son is so mature now. The class made the bestest gift. Its sad. #LivingArrows

hayley at shutterflies said...

The plate is such a great idea, what a lovely gift! I love the first photo in the graduation cap. Thanks for linking up to Living Arrows x