Thursday, June 26, 2014

Circle


Perhaps I have come full circle.

I remember buying the first clothes for my first baby.  I was always attracted to soft neutrals over characters, themes or bright colors.  I really enjoyed those first years buying clothes for my kids, making my way with store 'bucks,' sales and promotions.  Eventually, once I had four kids to get out the door, I simply hoped they had clothes on their bodies and shoes on their feet--a plus if they were dressed weather appropriately and had no obvious holes or stains!  Now, I've enjoyed shopping again.  Just a few soft neutrals to get started (since the baby clothes in the attic went to Goodwill a year or two ago)...and some new dresses for the sisters.  They set up an impromptu fashion show to celebrate...


New dresses, and a new baby.







7 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Brandi, this post and those photos are beautiful beyond words. Really.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam said...

I keep going back over your post, it is so lovely, the composition, the colours and those six words!

Katarina said...

Happy, gorgeous, wonderful shots! A lovely post!

Tamar SB said...

So sweet! Congrats on the impending addition!

Adrienne said...

Oh, I'm a tiny bit jealous. We had so so much given to us with both my babies, that I have no recollection of ever buying any clothes for my babies. I'll get to spoil grand kids at some point, though...that will be my "full circle!" I just adore the spirit in your girls - the dresses you chose (they chose?) are lovely and the 'fashion show' is free and playful...as, dare I say, more fashion shows should be! Happy Weekend!

RNSANE said...

What delightful daughters you have. After three sons, all past 30 now, I was so happy, at 68, to welcome a beautiful granddaughter.