Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cards


So...summer...we've gotten off on the wrong foot.  Last week started pretty rough, and the first few days without school came with consecutive days of rain.  I'd like to say I made the best of it with crafts and games, but the scene above came about only after I was on the verge of losing my top and my oldest took it upon himself to teach his sisters some card games.  I'm not sure he realizes how grateful I was to find them this way (after a morning of loud voices and a few slammed doors), but I must remember to tell him.  At one point we discussed a chore chart and some house rules (no slamming doors!), and I think we are getting back on track.  

I hope this summer I can capture as much as possible (is once a week too much to ask?) a shot with all the kids in one frame.  I can already feel how fleeting this is, how many other things will pull at our family as the kids get older.  But I hope we can keep this summer simple....together.







4 comments:

Emma T said...

I think the sepia tones really work well in this photo. Nice that they're all playing together too.

pixiedusk said...

I remember as a child its also hard for my parents to capture me and my sister together for a photo w/o bribery involve. In here they are so really happy & sincere to be there and play together. Amazing shot =) #LivingArrows

Jennifer said...

What a good big brother! I love it when my kids know that I've had enough and find something to do.

Jennifer said...

What a good big brother! I love it when my kids know that I've had enough and find something to do.