Saturday, June 21, 2014

Battle


I applaud the portrait photographer, the one who is able to take a group and morph it into some cohesive unit, with elbows and heads at just the right tilt, in just the right light.  This is not something I can do or enjoy doing, and while I've dreamed of being a professional, I've never thought it was worth it if I couldn't do both the candid and the posed photograph.  My heart is in the moment, the snapshot of life that captures something more...'the picture is worth a thousand words' kinda thing.  
  
So this week, my 'summer of four kids in a frame project' attempts to tell the story of the pool battles ensuing at our house.  The evening swims.  Trying to confine the little ones to the safer shallow end.  The water guns and floaties my husband brought home to celebrate the end of school and good report cards.  The fact that my Curly Q (facing camera) is usually the least involved in these rumpuses, avoiding the confrontation and a bit in her own world.  She is the most like me.

And then there's the instigator of trouble (my son)...and a lot of other fun times and craziness.




16 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

You've done it so well ~ very creative photography ~ thanks, ^_^ ~ Happy Weekend !

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Jessica said...

These are incredibly, INCREDIBLY beautiful and powerful images. I love them!!!

Holly Nelson @ English Girl Canadian Man said...

Wow - these images are just stunning, I love them - I would agree, you are so talented!

Monas Picturesque said...

I would like to take pictures like this!!! They are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!! They speak to me for real!

Magnus said...

Great shots, very well done!!

Steinsdotter said...

I would say you are pretty great at taking photographs..

I love what I have seen so far.

Erin said...

I still struggle with group shots too

Katie said...

Wow.

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor said...

WOW absolutely stunning photography here of your family. So awesome. I love all the action shots and different angels in and out of the water. Stunning. And kids are adorable too! #livingarrows

pixiedusk said...

Amazing shots! Love angels and perspective and their poses are nice too! I wish I can take underwater, water photos like this! But my cams is so old I dont think its up for it =P

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy said...

These photos make me want to take my family on holiday x

Carie said...

Oh wow what gorgeous pictures! I have a theory that my pictures are perfectly imperfect - I rarely get my girls looking at the camera and smiling, but if I've captured their personalities then I count it as a success!

Bonnie said...

I love these pictures! The processing and compositions are so interesting and beautiful.

amanda | wildly simple said...

That first paragraph - if I were explaining my own feelings, I couldn't have said it better.
I've done the portrait photographer thing.. (by request more than choice) for a few years. I thought it would be dreamy.. but it fizzled my passion.
I love real life & real moments. The unposed & unplanned. It's where all the magic happens.
You do a WONDERFUL job of catching that magic & beauty!

fritha strickland said...

Wow these shots are stunning! Love them and your blog x

bluebirds of happiness said...

Wow - these are just fantastic, I agree with all of the above, you have truly captured the magic here!