Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Perspective


When I first thought of a 'flaws and fixes' post (in which I address the many ways I mess up my photography) I knew right away that I could probably devote the entire blog to it...because sometimes it just feels like that's all I do:  make mistakes...and muddle through.  Right now that feeling is pretty heavy.  


For some reason I've had 'visions' and just haven't been able to make them come to fruition.  One of which involves dandelions.  I've had a picture in my head, and I can't make it happen, no matter how many exposures I snap...and I snapped an awful lot to come up with these.  There could be lots of reasons for this, but I'm at a point now where I'm just going to tell myself I don't have the right lens (a cop out to blame the equipment, but let's face it, sometimes it is the truth) and I have to move on.  


A new lens is a new perspective.  Perhaps I need to see the world differently, and I'm sort of stuck in the same place.  (I'm sure my need for a new perspective goes way beyond the need for a new lens, but that's a topic for another post.  Or a therapy session.)  Perhaps fighting through the frustrations of 'stuck in a rut' is the only way for us to get to a better place.




9 comments:

HansHB said...

A great composed serie, Perfect using b&w!

HansHB said...

My post at: http://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Rebecca said...

I'd like to be stuck where you are stuck right now. These images are fantastic.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hey Brandi, you're right. No frustration, no growth.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely composed series and love them ~ you are moving on and will get the shot you want ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

May said...

I can't see a thing wrong with this perspective!

abrianna said...

Love those last two shots!

Mitzi said...

Wonderful series. I absolutely LOVE the last two! Great captures!

Adrienne said...

I like what Rebecca said...I'll take your 'stuck' any day! It's also funny how, with time, you'll come back to these and love them more than you can imagine right now. And, perhaps, when you least expect it things will fall into place and you'll realize your vision!! Thanks so much for linking up!