Saturday, May 24, 2014

Social


Yay for long weekends, the approach of summer, and happy kids.  My ten year old is absent from our first sparklers of the season.  We are in a new phase in which her social calender has grown, and I haven't yet figured out how to balance this...because I don't like it when she is gone.  And I get disappointed in myself that I am not more organized or more energized to be a better hostess at our house.  Something I've noticed about myself for some time now, and something I intend to work on for the summer.  That...and more sparklers.



6 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Brandi,
Love your post, as always.
Like you said the other day, it's going to be a long, hot, sweaty, pregnant summer for you. Please don't be too hard on yourself for not being up to being the hostess mom all the time. From my perspective of viewing your blog, I think you rock it already!

Steinsdotter said...

Beautiful portrait...

pixiedusk said...

Pretty photo and a prettier event happening! Sparklers are so nice and this made me want to go and get some and just randomly light some cuz you dont need reason to have some sparkling fun =) #SimpleThingsSunday

abrianna said...

Beautiful picture. I also have a ten year old whose social calendar is not busy now-but in a year or so I think it will pick up.

amanda | wildly simple said...

Oh, do I ever relate!

It is hard when their social calendars grow. Our teen boys (16) seem like they are gone from home way too much, and we struggle with it. The others kids' friends tend to want to come to our house all the time, which is good, but I feel like we're too busy with running to watch the older boys' sports & I'm bad about being organized with anything in life more than a couple of days in advance, which makes me a poor hostess & planner.
Last night we actually had a group of about 13 highschoolers here though, having a fire in our backyard - which made me happy!

Our Lilly will be 10 on Thursday.
I don't know how this can be already.

ne-ne land said...

This portrait is magical!! So glad I found your blog through the 52 project :-)