Sunday, May 18, 2014

chics


 We brought home some new chickies last week to add to our flock.  Our girls seem to have an instant love for all animals and creatures.  These guys got names as soon as we picked them up:  Skeedaddle, Peepers, Starry, Mr. Cheepers, Pecky and Sunny.




My son, on the other hand, considers himself more of a dog person...sort of exclusively.  
He is a chic magnet, though.


Our birdies have been getting all sorts of attention...and education.  Stories being an obvious necessity for their growth.  And they are growing so fast!



10 comments:

Little White Dinosaur said...

This reminds me so much of my childhood!
Beautiful photos!

Adrienne said...

I have to laugh...this is so the absolute opposite of my shildhood - can hear my mother's voice in my head saying "who would keep chickens?!...tone of disgust. Sorry. I was just raised by one of the most uptight, snobby people in the whole world! And I love this! It's just magical. My favorite is the book reading!!

Pieni Lintu said...

Aww, those are cute!

Bonnie said...

Great captures of sweet moments. Made me smile!

abrianna said...

The chicks are getting big. My favorite is the chick magnet shot. That should be marked to share on his wedding day :)

Ellie A said...

Awww so cute, I would love some but we'll just have to stick with the hamster as no room in the garden just yet ;) Lovely pictures, they all look super thrilled. #livingarrows

Vikki Holness said...

Oh my gosh, they are just the sweetest photos ever. I grew up on a farm and these totally take me back to my childhood, we used to always bring the chicks in the house! Just lovely! xxx #livingarrows

Vikki @ Love From Mummy

Toby Goes Bananas said...

Such sweet photos but absolutely terrifying for me! I'm really scared of birds, even little fluffy ones! I can't imagine ever willingly holding one.

pixiedusk said...

Awww so sweet! Lucky chicks! Everyone is in love with them =) #livingarrows

hayley at shutterflies said...

Wonderful photos, the chicks are so cute! Thank you for linking up with Living Arrows