Friday, April 11, 2014

Knitting


I took a knitting class last week.  I think I had the grand ambition of making a baby blanket.  But, after completing half a scarf, this might be the only sort of 'baby' I make a blanket for.  I'm going to seam it together for a sort of cowl thing.  Just in time for the temperatures to climb into the 70s.



While flipping through the channels the other night, I came across a televised lacrosse game my alma mater was playing in.  I was explaining to my daughters that I used to play for the brown team (what now feels like many moons ago) while watching the game and knitting on the couch...and I felt every year of my advanced maternal age.

I was really hoping to pack up the dress up clothes...but someone decided it wasn't time.


I bought the kids' Easter candy and I haven't touched a lick of it.  Yet.

This morning it smells sweet and earthy...a little like rain...and a mix of spring and summer.
I might have to shirk housework and head to the park.




12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have baskets of beautiful yarn just waiting for the projects I have in my head Someday ..........

Kelly Kardos said...

Love the tones in your knitting photos. And that shot if your little one plainf dress up was enough to make me swoon!!! Happy Friday!!

Snap said...

Shirk the housework and go to the park. I like crochet better than knitting and have way too much yarn. I like the tones of your cowl. Cute photos of your little daughters. Happy Friday!

Adrienne said...

Love that smell! Enjoy!

Mascha said...

Stunning pictures! I hope, you found a little time for the park -

Karen said...

Sweet shots of your girls! I think the cowl is great idea!

Viv@within the Frame said...

Go on go out , have fun and I applaud your will power, chocolate is banned until Eater Sunday .

Ida said...

Well good for you taking the knitting class. You at least manage to create something. Your girl looks cute wearing it as a scarf. Love the Dress-Up shot.
I haven't bought Easter Candy yet because I know I probably couldn't resist eating it.

amanda | wildly simple said...

I didn't knit A THING this winter.
Not sure what's up with that!?
Cowls rock, and so do these photos of your beautiful kids.

Have not bought Easter candy yet - I should. Not sure if my will power to stay out of it is as good as yours though. ;)

Tanya Breese said...

i never learned how to knit...my grandma tried to teach me a few times but always got frustrated and gave up on me lol...you have such beautiful models!

W. Latane Barton said...

I vote for you to drop everything and run.... to the park.

Sarah Huizenga said...

I think you should keep the dress up clothes out and take some more pictures.