Friday, March 28, 2014

Telling

So...I've got some news and I'm having a hard time keeping it in.  Literally.
We told the kids last night, so the cat will be coming out of the bag.

We're having another baby.


To my surprise, they took it pretty well.  (Aside from 'Aren't you too old to have a baby?' from my 10 year old.  Ahem.  Thanks for noticing...but apparently not.)  Otherwise, they started giving each other jobs--do you want to sing to the baby, dress the baby or feed the baby??  It was pretty heartwarming.  I wasn't sure how the oldest would take it, but aside from a continuing desire for a brother, he seemed to take it all in stride.  Now, of course, we'll have to deal with the constant 'how much longer' questions (until September)...but I think that will be pretty easy to take compared to the response of the populace at large.  Having a 5th baby at nearly 40...I can imagine there will be a variety of reactions from our friends and acquaintances.  I know it shocked the hell out of me.


5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh those faces!!! And so blessed to be adding another to the mix!! I'm so happy for you!

The Lady Okie said...

OH MY GOSH. Congratulations! So exciting. A lady at my church recently had a baby, and she's 41. My mom had my sister at 37. You can do it! :)

Kathy McB said...

Unexpected blessings are the best...congrats to all of you :)

Amanda D said...

Congrats! That is wonderful!

Nicki said...

Congratulations - love those expressions in that last shot.