Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring


It's official!  Spring has come.  But with snow showers, cloudy skies and general brown and grey scenery, the only thing to convince me of it is the start of spring sports.  This week I began the endless drop off and pick up and sit around waiting for practice to end.  I don't mind, though.  I love lacrosse.  Even if I can't get any of my girls into it yet.

I've had one of those weeks when I feel like I am in perpetual motion, and yet feel as though I'm not actually accomplishing anything.  And my back has been killing me.

I picked up the book Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald at the library and fully intended to continue my streak of accomplishing nothing by ignoring everything to finish it today.  But the sun is actually coming out and the sky is blue...so I don't know if I'll succeed.

I've been sleeping horribly.

In general, I'm a bit of a grouch!  But, I think things will pick up next week.  Perhaps I need to make a date with my husband to see The Grand Budapest Hotel this weekend.  I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan.  Anyone seen it?




Have a great weekend!


And for the anonymous poster who seems real (versus my mountainous pile of incoming spam) we ordered the Corley sofa from Ashley Furniture.

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love your photo and the processing is so cool! The movie for the weekend idea sounds great! Enjoy it, and bet it will turn around your grouchiness!

tiarastantrums said...

cool shot! I always feel I am in perpetual motion accomplishing nothing!! haha

Linda R said...

Let me tell you I am a total grouch when I don't get my sleep. And my family knows it.. That photo is amazing. LOVE the editing you have done..

Hugs~

Roan said...

It will be a nice spring day here today, but cold will be back for the weekend. I'm ready for some consistent good weather. My kids are grown and married now, but I do miss soccer and football games. Nice Pic!

Sarah Carletti said...

Thank you for stopping by and wishing me well. Even if you are feeling grouchy. :)

amanda | wildly simple said...

My back has been killing me, too & I haven't been sleeping well, either!
Spring is here & we had serious snowfall today, too.
That's a fantastic photo!

Sarah Huizenga said...

We had a really gray and gloomy day on Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday the sun shone, what a difference in my attitude.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

So sorry about your back Brandi -- I know all about back issues. Mine has been feeling a bit better the past few days and I have no idea why.

Neat photo, but I admit I know nothing about lacrosse.

Hope you get some rest this weekend. xo

Kelly Kardos said...

We're allowed to be grouchy-it's perfectly ok. Did your blog get a face lift cause it sure is pretty. Feel better! Visiting from R5F

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the sofa info.