Friday, March 14, 2014

Break



I was a bit worried about our spring break staycation this year, after so many snow days and so much cabin fever.  But, we had a taste of spring weather and a lot of good times.


I've got a new photography crush, and it is inspiring me to play more with edits and color, and I'm very tempted to sign up for her class.



We went bowling on a rainy day.  Haven't done that in a long time.  Lots of fun.


 We gave our new Beta fish some roots to swim in.  This is a spider plant, and I've read a lot of conflicting information about this so do your research if you want to try it.  I'm no fish expert, but he just seems so happy and we often find him nestled in.  Might not be the best thing for the plant.


We did it--we ordered a big, new couch.  Doesn't look that big here (in the showroom), but it's almost 20 inches longer than what we have and deeper and more comfortable.  Can't wait until it comes and I can see it in our home.



Hope you've had a great week!

9 comments:

Dianna said...

Hi, there!
I'm visiting from R5F, and I love the looks of your blog... I just clicked on a couple of your butterfly posts; your photos are beautiful!
I'll be back to read more soon!

Nicki said...

Staybreak is normally how we rolled - we survived and discovered fun close by. Perhaps if you only leave the spider plant hanging in water for a short period of time it won't be a problem. Love the couch - bigger and more comfortable is always a good thing.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Yay on the couch decision -- looks perfect for your family!

I've always wanted a beta fish, but we don't have a pet store here that has them. :(

Claire said...

Great photos, esp. of the bowling! Couches never look as big in the showroom... measure and measure again, from one who has been caught out before :/
A great Random 5 and have a fabulous Friday :)

Terri @ Backward B Ranch said...

That couch is pretty- I bet it will look lovely in your house. Kiddos look like they had a ball bowling- I'll bet they enjoyed their staycation!

Snap said...

your staycation looks like it was fun ... swinging, bowling, rocket launching! Nice sofa ... enjoy! Happy Friday!

Sharon said...

Love those bowling shots! You captured the joy of these young girls. And what a beautiful sofa! Mine is unraveling and in very sad shape (the cats think it's a scratching post). You picked out a really good looking one!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell what brand or where you bought the couch? I am desperate for a new couch and there are just too many choices. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

But I really want to know...