Friday, February 14, 2014

Sweet


Happy Valentine's Day!  Sorta funny how a holiday which once involved choosing a sweet thing for my sweetie has now become a frenzy of sweet nothings for my children and all their classmates.  My poor hubby is usually an afterthought.


More snow.  It's lovely, really, and somehow I'm not entirely consumed with cabin fever.



The dogs got into their food container at some point yesterday and ate what remained for this morning's breakfast.  So far, they've gotten a peanut butter sandwich each and some left over dinner.

I ripped through The Paris Wife in two days.  Good...but...ouch.

Now I need a new book.  Any suggestions?  I'm tempted to read some Hemmingway.




Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

oh wow, i wish you well on Hemmingway ... i have always wanted to tackle that. good luck on finding a good one. i enjoy looking too. i love the little heart characters. so cute & creative!! Happy <3 Day!! ( :

Adrienne said...

My kids were in France for those elementary school years...missed the whole "make a million valentines stage"...can't say I mind! I should get around to reading the Paris wife...since I was one! Happy Friday!

Nancy said...

I have Hemingway's (auto?) biography on my list to read. Love that era!

Kathy McB said...

The Paris Wife....must look for that!

Snap said...

The Paris Wife is on my list -- hoping to find it at Half-Price books. Love the dancing Valentines. At least the kids seem to be enjoying the weather. Happy Friday!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? Great read! Somehow winter just doesn't seem so long or bad when there are kids in the house.

Sarah Huizenga said...

The Valentine's Days will get better again. The Paris Wife is on my list.

Nicki said...

I miss the sweet Valentines from when my children were younger - otherwise, I could do without it but my husband is a romantic. Love that snowflake. I really have no excuse to not get out and try harder to get a macro shot.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I was just about to recommend a book about Hemmingway's wife....and then I realized...it was The Paris Wife. I read the Snow Child last year and liked it very, very much.

Rose said...

Such cute valentines! Me--I am so weary of snow.