Tuesday, December 17, 2013

three hundred and fifty


Over the weekend we celebrated my daughter's tenth birthday, and she finally got the ukulele she's been wanting for months.  I've already got a video of her playing 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' posted on facebook.  Sometimes I have a hard time relating to her, finding her personality so different from mine, but lately it has been such fun to help her explore all these wonderful quirky parts of herself.  And on occasion I realize she is more like me than I thought.




1 comment:

Nicki said...

Just when you think 'who is this child?" they circle around and suddenly you find yourself thinking "OMG - this kid is JUST EXACTLY LIKE ME". and it does this in cycles through adolescence (mother nature's wicked sense of humor). Yeah on the ukulele - how fun.